Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Root, Root, Root for the Home Team?

I'm not old enough for peanuts and Cracker Jack, but my parents took me out to the ball game, anyway. We basked in parental rivalry at tonight's Yankees-Red Sox match-up (which, mommy would like me to point out, was won by the boys in pinstripes 5-3).


In preparation for the game, I was faced with a difficult dressing dilemma given the large number of Red Sox ensembles I have to choose from (none of which mommy will let me wear out in public) compared with my dearth of Yankee gear.




I tried on mommy's Yankees cap and Jeter jersey, but I have some growing to do before they'll fit.


So I thought I might need to go to the game in just a diaper, so as not to offend either parent.


Our adventure began with my first ever subway ride. We took the C to the D (some kind of alphabet thing they were trying to teach me).


Daddy didn't sport any BoSox paraphernalia, but preferred to go 'incognito' so as not to attract attention to himself.


After Derek Jeter's homerun in the bottom of the fifth inning, I got a big high five from the drunk women behind us. Speaking of bottoms, have I mentioned how nice Derek's is?


In celebration of my first Major League game, mommy bought me a Yankee cap which hopefully I can wear all through the post-season. That is, if there is a post-season here in NYC.


While the Yanks won tonight, there are still two more games in the series and 30 in the season. I think I'll hold off choosing my team until I can figure out who's on first.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're proud to see that Liana looks great in pinstripes.
-Josh & Dana

statcounter