Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Apples of My Eye

Today mommy, daddy and I went picking one of my favorite words (and foods) - ah-puhls. I think my adoration began with the reading of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, which I prefer to call "the ah-puhl book" since on Monday the caterpillar eats "one ah-puhl." It was Saturday, but here I am doing the same...


It was such a beautiful day that I was glad I'd brought my shades.


I didn't really do much picking, but I got to ride on daddy's shoulders and point out the red and green deliciousness up in the trees...


...and on the ground (though those are not for eating, I'm told). What a waste of perfectly yummy food!


We did a lot of walking and carried a big stick (to help us pick the apples that daddy wasn't tall enough to reach).


Mommy and I enjoyed the tasting almost as much as the picking.


We didn't bring home a pumpkin, but I did pick a few up and they are a lot heavier than they look (must be all those seeds).


We took my first and second hayrides to and from the orchard - what fun!


Buh-bye ah-puhls!! See you next year - though I'll be eating your friends and relatives all week (until I get a tummyache, just like my caterpillar friend).

No comments:

statcounter