
We were reading stories, looking at the butterflies, and even talking about how much fun 'Inside-Out Day' was at school (yes, everything, including my socks and panties are inside-out). Until the nurse arrived...

She wanted to weigh and measure me, but I was really not interested. We managed to estimate that I am 33.75 inches tall and 27 pounds (thanks to the old trick of daddy getting on the scale with me, then without me, then doing a bit of what mommy calls "subtraction"). This was followed by a visit by Dr. Y himself who was interested in poking and prodding. Needless to say, I was not. He gave me a vaccine (the nerve!...I mean the "muscle") and then asked the nurse to take some blood. As if this whole visit hadn't been miserable enough already. I was definitely "ready to go now," as I kept saying over and over and over and over. If only somebody would listen.

Fortunately all was forgotten very quickly at a delicious pizza dinner complete with a messy and yummy dessert (that ended up on my nose as well as in my tummy).

No comments:
Post a Comment